Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Carter 2.5

It is so hard for me to believe that my little guy is 2 1/2. It's even harder to believe that in just 6 short months he will be 3. Each day I see my baby turning into a bigger boy. It is so exciting to see him grow and develop, but at the same time, I am sad to see my baby go. Carter loves to talk all the time and is still such a mama's boy. He gets excited about everything and loves to sing. Here are a few more things about Carter at 2.5!

He's really into cars. He takes them to bed, gives them a bath and knows if he is good at Target he gets to pick a new one out. He loves to tell you that the firetruck has a ladder "if people need help they use a ladder" and the ambulance "takes people to the hospital." He and daddy will get the cars and put them in order from biggest to smallest and counts them.

He still loves anything to do with a ball. He loves to play baseball with daddy, he loves to pitch the best. He and daddy also love to play basketball. Carter has the game a little confused as when he makes a basket, he shouts "home run" and runs around the "bases." He loves to slide and for daddy to say safe!

Carter loves to read the same 5 books every night, in the same order: Goodnight Moon, The Bear Went Over the Mountain, Twinkle,Twinkle Little Star, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Old Mac Donald......did I mention he loves to sing? He loves to say the words to the books with me, it's so sweet. His current favorite song is "The Monster Mash" and he loves to hear it over and over again...and I sensing a 2 year old pattern?

Carter loves Dora! He also loves Wonder Pets and Max & Ruby. It is so funny to listen to him watching Dora,he talks back to the TV, it's so cute!
Carter still loves Wrigley and Fenway...Chloe too. He sometimes loves them too much!

Carter loves going to school and comes home with awesome artwork that he is so proud of and sings great songs! His teacher's name is Mrs. Miller and he tells me that "Ryan cries at school." When I ask him what hedid at school, he says, "Play kids on the playground."

He loves babies! Whenever we see a baby, he will say "Aww that baby cute." He will also mock whatever I do/say to the baby. He knows he is still my baby and when asked, "Where's Mama's baby" he points to himself.

His favorite people are still "Dolt" and Ella. He lights up whenever he sees either of them!

He is still super picky. I swear he lives on peanut butter. He LOVES sweets, especially chocolate.

Everywhere we go he tells anyone who will listen, "Go see Shamu, he jumped real high, he swam in cold water and splashed Ma and Colt."

Happy half Birthday Carter. The past 2 1/2 years have been the best of my life, I'm so lucky to be your mommy!

2 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

So sweet Chels...time flies. I can still remember your dad doing a high kick in the hallway outside the nursery when Carter was born! :)

LOVE your recent pics of all the fams...I can't wait till our next session..whenever you're not busy! :)

Erica said...

Hard to believe! I'm so thankful that we have gotten to watch Carter grow. It's so cool to think of what great friends our kids are becoming.