Monday, November 9, 2009

Perseverance!


Carter and I went to the park on this beautiful day. After Carter had been playing on the playground awhile, his attention turned to some teenagers playing basketball. After watching them for a few minutes he told me he wanted to go to the car. I thought he was ready to leave (what was I thinking?). He climbed into the car and got out his little Lightning McQueen ball. He walked over to the basketball court and stood and watched the teenagers play basketball. He looked back at me and I had to tell him that he wasn't big enough to play with them (I felt so sorry for him). He stood there for 20 minutes just watching them play (holding his ball to his side) until finally they left. He then ran onto the court and started shooting with his little Cars ball. He shot and shot but never made it in the basket. He came SO close and I was just praying he would make it, but never did. He kept trying and trying. I could not believe this 2 year olds focus and determination. Finally after about 20 minutes of him throwing up the ball, missing and chasing it, I had to tell him it was time to leave. He threw a huge fit. He wanted to keep trying! He was bright red in the face and wanted to keep going. I just couldn't believe his perseverance! It really made me pround to be his mommy.


No comments: