Friday, November 21, 2008

Austin Trip 2008

Every year Erica and I head down to Austin to shop! I think this makes about our 8th year. We had a great time this year! We both took the day off on Friday, so we got an early start! I met Erica at my mom's house and we were on the road before 10! We drove ALL the way without stopping once! We also drive without any music because we talked the WHOLE time! And, thanks to Erica's seabands, my driving didn't make her sick! We got to Austin around 1:45 and stopped in Round Rock to eat at Chuy's and then we did some shopping in at the outlet mall. Then we checked into our hotel and then decided to drive to the Oasis. I hadn't been there since it had been rebuilt and I wanted to see it. We both had a Diet Coke and enjoyed the sunset- I know, how romantic! Ha, but it was so relaxing! Then we dove to the Arboretum and did some shopping and ate dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and ate dessert at Amy's Ice Cream. Yummmy! Then we hit Old Navy and Target, then we were off to bed like old ladies!
The next morning we got up nice and early and ate our traditional Einstein's bagel. Then we shopped along the drag, and then we were off to San Marcos. We went to all of our favs at the Outlet Mall, but there weren't any deals to be found. Erica didn't buy one single thing!! We drove back feeling discouraged, and finally ate lunch at Chili's. Determined to find a good deal we headed to Barton Creek Mall where we visited our FOURTH Gap of the trip- and shopped all through the mall without finding any good deals! What a bummer. What would make us feel better? Only Chuy's would do! After a nice dinner we were off to bed, since we had to rise and shine bright and early to head back home. Even though the shopping wasn't that great, we had a lot of fun! it's not very often, well, let's face it, it's only once a year that we get to hang out without any kids! I can't wait for next year!



The sunset was beautiful at Chuys!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I loved reliving our trip! Thanks for posting about it! I can't wait til next year!! : )