Sunday, November 9, 2008

Doughnuts, parades and fireworks, oh my!

We had a very busy Veteran's Day here! We started off the day meeting my mom, Colt and his friend John Patrick at Krispy Kreme. Carter got to have his first Krispy Kreme doughnut and to say he like it was an understatement. He was litterally stuffing it into his mouth!




Next we went to the city of Frisco Veteran's Day parade. Carter loved seeing all the trucks, bands (there were 4 since there are 4 highschools in Frisco)and waving at all the people.

Waiting for the parade to start!



Here comes the parade!

There's a bus!

Carter and Colt watching the parade!


Carter got thrown mini Oros that he ate- look at the cookie face!

Carter loved the band!


Then he got some MandM's. What a healthy day he had....

John Patrick, Carter and Colt watching the parade.

Then after lunch and some shopping we went back to Ma and Pop's house to wait for the fireworks show! Carter loves hanng out with Uncle Colt's friends! We were laughing because he kept walking with his hands behins his back!

The boys pushed Carter on Colt's longboard!

The Carter got another kind of ride. He was laughing so hard!





I love the way he was sitting here!

Silly boys!

Just watching the boys!

Carter decided to lay down on the concrete.

After our long day, we finished it off with a wonderful fireworks show! Carter was a little scared at firt, but then just took it all in. The fireworks with the music reminded us all how lucky we are that we have people who give of themselves for out freedom. We only caught the end of the keynote speaker at the festivities, but something he said has stuck with me. He said, "Now when peole ask if I lost my legs in Vietnam, I say, no I gave my legs." Wow, how lucky are we to live in this country!

2 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

Chels...I LOVE the pic of Carter laying on the concrete! So cute....looks like he had such a fun day!!

Erica said...

Y'all had a fun filled day! I don't know if there was anything going on around here for Veteran's Day. You are right there is just something about Krispy Kreme doughnuts! All of my kids will eat every last bite of a Krispy Kreme doughnut! The pictures are cute!