Wednesday, January 26, 2011

28 weeks

I can't believe that I only have 12 weeks left of this pregnancy. It really has seemed to fly by! I am sooooo excited to meet Abby and I often find myself daydreaming about what she will look like and how it will feel to hold a sweet newborn baby again. I wonder if she will have reddish brown hair like Carter did when he was born, or dark black hair like I had. Either way, I am sure she will have hair, because my heartburn has been just downright terrible! It doesn't matter what I eat, I get heartburn. Now some foods are worse than others. Sweets are especially bad. It hurts so much that my eyes will well up. I also get woken up with acid reflux quite often in the middle of the night. Ugh, Tums have definatly been my friend! I still have food aversions to Chickfila (used to be my favorite) and don't really crave anything sweet, but will take a chocolate milk shake once in a while. The things that sounds best are Subway and Mexican food.
DSC05721
Here is a not very good picture of my 28 week bump. I definatly am feeling huge! My back hurts and I can't seem to get comfortable a lot of the time! Carter still likes me to hold him some, and his 43 plus pounds are getting hard to manage. Carter has been so funny about this pregnancy. Once minute he is excited to have a baby sister and the next minute he doesn't want one. It makes me feel guilty at times, but I know that it will turn out to be a good thing for him!
This pregnancy has been different than my first. I feel Abby move pretty consistantly, but she does random kicks and movements here and there, where as I remember Carter having more constant kicks, not just one and then done.
I wish I could say that I am enjoying being pregnant and I feel guilty that I am not. I read about people just loving it, and for some reason, I just don't. I feel like I worry a lot about Abby and if she is okay. I feel like I don't have any control over her well being in the womb, and I find myself wanting her to be here, just so I know she is okay....is that crazy of me? I truly understand the miracle that is taking place, I just feel like I have "trust" issues (though I have no reason to have them) if that makes sense. So, that is something I have been praying about.....don't assume the worst, expect the best, and then you can deal with an unfortunate outcome, if for some terrible reaon it were to happen. Her room is 75% finished, and I need to post pictures of it soon!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I love the Abby updates!! Your bump has grown since I've seen you last. :) I can't wait to meet Miss Abby either. Every time that the girls see baby girl clothes they want to buy them for Abby, so they are getting ready too. I'm praying for your pregnancy and Abby too. Love you and miss you!

Cole said...

No you're not crazy... just in Mommy mode! Glad you're talking and praying yourself through the fears. Get some rest!