Monday, October 3, 2011

Marvelous Monday!

When I was working, I dreaded Mondays. I would think of the whole week I had ahead of me and all that I had to do. Now that I am not working, I LOVE Mondays. I especially love them because Carter is not in school and I really try to spend good quality time with him on Mondays! One thing I love to do with Carter and Abby is go to the swimming pool. Frisco has an awesome athletic center with an amazing indoor pool. When we went today we were litterally the only ones there! I felt bad because the lifegaurds had to get off the benches where they were socializing to go to their stations. I appologized, but they said, no prolelm, it was their job, ha!
DSC_0330_edited-1
This was the first time we have gone where Abby could really sit up well. She really enjoyed the independance! Check out that bald spot....oh my!
DSC_0327_edited-1
Splash, splash. See my stroller in the background.....see we were the only ones there!
DSC_0336_edited-1
Abby was getting such a kickout of Carter splashing her!
DSC_0338_edited-1
Even when her face got wet!
DSC_0332_edited-1
Sweet boy!
After playing in the little pool, we moved to the big pool. Both kids loved it! I put Abby underwater several times and she loved it. She didn't swallow any water. She also loves floating on her back. I am going to make a point to keep her exposed to the water so we won't have to battle any anxiety as she gets older.
Carter is swimming like a little fish. He was jumping in and swimming back to the side independantly. He can swim all the way across the pool by himself. I need to get some video of it. He is also good on his back and is doing awesome diving for rings. He is very confidant in the water and I am feeling confidant about his abilities. I am so proud of him!
DSC_0343_edited-1
Later that day we went to Kris' softball game. It was a beautiful night and we had fun cheering him on. They won 23-1. They only made it to the 3rd inning because of the run rule. Kris was missing the Rangers game while at the game. I laughed when I saw him on base holding his phone listening to the game!
DSC_0347_edited-1
Carter felt so big standing on the field with Kris as they warmed up!
DSC_0350_edited-1
The backstop made a good place to play with his guys!

1 comment:

Missy Rooney said...

love it! Mondays take on a whole new meaning :)