Friday, October 17, 2008

Day with mommy

Today I took the day off of work to take Carter to the doctor. We were finally making it to his 15 month appointment. Yes- I know, he's 17 months, it's a long story, but the good thing is that this counted for his 15 and 18 month appointments! Carter did a great job, though he had A LOT of trouble waiting in the room. He was into everything! When we walked into the room he noticed a set of animal chairs and he had it in his head that he wanted to sit in them! Unfortunately he is tall enough to open the door out of the room, so that is what he kept trying to do. I tried to read him books, sing him songs but nothing would get his mind off of the chairs. I finally let him out- in just his diaper mind you- to sit in the chairs. This made him happy until we had to go back in to see the doctor. He got an A plus report from the doctor for both 15 and 18 month development, except I am not sure he can stack 4 blocks- he usually knocks them down before he gets to 4. He also did really good with the 3 shots he got, but I think the older they get, the harder shots get. It is SO sad! When it came time for his measurements I was really surprised. He is 26 1/2 pounds (90%) and 33 1/2 inches long (90%) and his head is in the 95%. I didn't realize he was such a big boy! I think he has gone through a recent growth spurt! Anyway, after the appointment I went to my school to get my free flu shot, and I felt even more sorry for Carter because it hurt!! Then it was time to go home for lunch and a nap. After his nap I took him to the park since it was such a nice day. As you can see, we had a great time! I love days I get to just hang out with my little man!

The slide is fun! Notice his tounge sticking out!


There were lots of butterflies and bees- yikes- on the flowers!





I love this look!

He backed right into the water!


Carter LOVED these stairs! He could go up and down them by himself! No rail or hand needed!!

1 comment:

Shawna Nicholson said...

Looks like ya'll had a good day..minus the shots! Corbin's well visit is next week....YIKES!