Monday, August 22, 2011

Werid

Last week was teacher inservice and for the first time in 10 years I wasn't required to be there and I felt weird. It seemed weird that all of my friends and fellow co-workers were going to all of those first week meetings without me. They were all going out to lunch without me. They were excitedly looking over their class lists and decorating bulletin boards without me. It was just a weird feeling.
I had to go up to the school on Tuesday to finally turn in my key and it was so good to see everyone and when everyone asked me how I was, I told them I felt weird. Makes you feel weird how it all goes on with out you. It's kinda like I would feel when I was absent from school and everything just went on so normal without me. Makes you see how replaceable we all are. I'm not trying to say that I felt irreplaceable, it's just weird to see something you were such a big part of move on without you. The good weird part about this is that I am embarking onto a new job where I feel like I am not replaceable. I know my babies are in good hands with other people, especially my mom, but there is nothing like babies being with their mama. So, once again today, as I look at Facebook an see everyone all dressed up for the first day of school, I am feeling weird, but this is a good thing. I am so excited for my new normal.
DSC_0568-1_edited-1

4 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

So heartfelt, and I see just what you mean! It IS weird when you work hard at something for so long, and you almost expect it to crumble (at least a little!) without you! You'll be missed there, but what a JOY to be home raising those babies. Congratulations!!!

Ella Cate and Emma Claire said...

I'm so excited for you!! I though about you lots today at your new job!! xoxo

Matt and Brynn Hodder said...

I meant to check in with you! That first year is always so weird as life just keeps going on. I still miss the back to school bustle...and then that honeymoon goes away and the whole year is there in your face.

Hope you're enjoying your time with the kids. You'll love this opportunity! Looks like the beach trip was good and that you are really doing awesome with your photography! Enjoy.

Matt and Brynn Hodder said...

By the way...any hints on photographing fireworks. I tried last week and it was terrible. we have big fireworks coming up next weekend and I need advice!
brynnhodder@yahoo.com