Friday, May 23, 2008

Sick?

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night Carter was up off and on all night crying unconscionably. Every time we went into his room it got worse. It was very uncharacteristic of him, so Kris decided that we should take him to the doctor. I was very reluctant because I often feel like my doctor thinks I am overreacting, but I went ahead and took the day off and took him to see Dr. Berger. Kris and I both thought it was his ears. Nope, they were all clear. Next check was his throat. There was the problem. The doctor said he has white puss in his throat. Yuck! So, she sent a nurse in to do a strep test. I was very impressed with how well Carter took that swab being stuck down the back of his throat. He barely even cried. Anyway, the test came back negative, so doctor's orders were plenty of fluids and Motrin. The rest of the day Carter acted like he felt fine and he slept well Thursday night. Maybe he just wanted a day home with mommy. :)
I don't look sick........

Carter had so much fun taking the wood chips out of the pot.


No comments: