Friday, February 15, 2008

30 memories for my 30th birthday

Boy, I can hardly believe that I am 30. It seems like I was just turning 20. For this monumental occasion I sat down and thought of 30 memories of my 30 years on this Earth. Some are random, sad, funny and special. Here they are in no particular order....

1. Watching Miss America with my Grandma. She would call me her "Miss America"



2. The time my grandmother took me to Six Flags and we waited in line FOREVER for the Judge Roy Scream and then I got too scared to go on it.



3. Playing "spy" with Cody, Brad and Stacy.



4. My aunt(and Stacy until her poor scalp was red) letting me fix their hair.



5. My grandpa asking me if I want some "gummy, gummy."





6. Kris proposing to me on the Ferris Wheel at Navy Peir.





7. Seeing Colt for the first time in the hospital with his long fingers.





8. Falling down the hill at Enchanted Rock.





9. Impressing Kris with my mad bowling skills on our first date.





10. Buying the cheap Walgreens pregnancy test, taking it, seeing the positive lines, then rushing back to Walgreens to find a more expensive 3 pack of tests, going through the same line with the same cashier (telling her "I just want to make sure") and getting 3 more positive tests.





11. When I used to make Heather sleep with the hall light on. She would turn it off and I would scream for Bev.





12. All the George Strait concert and annual shopping trips Erica and I went on. The most memorable was when Erica was 7 1/2 months pregnant with the twins. I was scared she was going to go in labor! Other memories include sharing a twin size bed and the poor racoon to name a few!





13. When they brought Carter into my room, 2 hours after he was born, and I got to see his beautiful face.





14. My first day teaching 2nd grade. I hit my head on the overhead screen and almost fell over!





15. Spending the night in the hospital when Carson, Emma and Ella were born.





16. Crying as my family drove away my first night alone at UT.





17. Erica and Charity's cat fight in the back seat.





18. The first time I drove my car (aka brown boat) by myself. I felt such a sense of freedom.





19. The way my dad would put on my socks when I was a little girl.





20. Kris calling me his "Crazy Girl" in college.





21. My grandma taking me and Brad to see Benji. I remeber she bought us candy necklaces.





22. Seeing the 6 week 3 day heart of Carter beating on the sonogram.





23. The time the tornado sirens went off and dad was at work and me, mom and baby Cody went into the bathtub. I am STILL afraid of tornados.





24. Serving lunch in the soup kitchen in the Broncs.





25. The time Erica and I snuck out of Charity's house to go to a party, and Erica had to bribe Charity not to tell her mom by giving her her new walkman.





26. Picking out the cutest beagle puppy from the huge selection.





27. Singing the Eyes of Texas at my first UT football game.





28. Vesper's Point at Church Camp.





29. When I made Jessica buy me the flower ring in Austin- way too many Mexica Margaritas....





30. Paying to get a sonogram to find out the baby's gender, and seeing the "sign" of a boy!


and one tp grow on........

31. My mom waking me up saying "Sunshine lady, time to wake up." The older I got the more unpleasant the reaction, but now it is so special.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Aaaawwww that is such a neat post! What wonderful memories from one of the neatest 30 year olds on Earth! ; )