Thursday, June 9, 2011

I survived!

Because of the school districts terrible maternity leave policy, I had to go back to work when Abby was 5 1/2 weeks old! May 23 was my first day back. Kris' mom came in town to watch Carter and Abby the first week and then my mom watched them the last 2 weeks. Because we had a Monday off and we got out on a Thursday I had to go back for 13 days. It actually went better than I thought it would and I think it was easier, because I knew the whole time I wouldn't have to come back for a long time because I resigned! And I got paid to do it! I was already going to resign and when the district offered to pay me 15% of my salary to do to, it was even better! Since Abby is such a good sleeper, I really wasn't that tired and it was actually really good to see everyone at school. Everyone was so positive and I missed them! So, I made it through my 13 days and now I am starting a new chapter that I am so excited about! I am so thankful that Kris is giving me this time with my babies, especially since this is Carter's last year before he starts kindergarten. Yipee!
Now if I can only finish cleaning out my room.....

DSC_0520_edited-1
Carter and Abby with Meemaw

No comments: