Friday, September 2, 2011

20 weeks

Abby is growing and changing so fast, I am glad I am doing these weekely updates so I can keep up with her!
She has become SO interetsed in food! I was planning on holding off solids until after 6 months, but I am not going to be able to do that with her. She watches every bite we eat! The other day I broke off a tiny peice of the bread I was eating and she was so happy! She opened her mouth like a little bird and chewed and chewed and then kicked her feet in excitment when I asked her if she wanted more! Now every time I eat she wants to partake. I bought some baby cereal and baby food at the store today and I will introduce them soon, she is just so ready. BTW I was gung ho that I was going to make my own babyfood, but I think I have changed my mind, ha!
She is still a drooling queen and sucks in her lip all the time. She is getting pretty good at sitting up and loves it. She will be sitting on her own here soon. I was even thinking about bringing my high chair cover for the next time we go to eat, I think she would like that.
Abby still have major stranger anxiety and it has gotten even worse! Yesterday I left her in the gym nursery for the first time and they had to call me back because she wouldn't stop crying. Once the lady handed her back, she turned it right off. Today I used a different approach. I put her in the swing instead of handing her to the lady and she did much better. She didn't start crying until right when I was finished.
She is so clingly to me and wants to be held or looking at me all the time. Today I vaccumed with her on my hip! With all that being said, I love this age. When she is being held she is so happy and we are getting some really great laughs out of her. She LOVES her big bro and watches his every move!
Now for a few pictures...
DSC_0043_edited-1
DSC_0046_edited-1
DSC_0048_edited-1
DSC_0051_edited-1
DSC_0064_edited-1
She didn't pull up on her own, but she stood like this for quite a while. She loves to stand!

No comments: